ICONS CONSULTING: Burj Khalifa grand opening – Dubai – FACTS
Ahead of its opening on January 4, Emaar, developer of the Burj Khalifa tower, has released some of the massive numbers and world records that make up the world’s tallest building
- 31,400 – the amount of steel rebar in metric tonnes used in the structure of Burj Khalifa
- 28,261– the number of glass cladding panels making up the exterior of tower and its two annexes
- 15,000 – the amount of water in litres collected from the tower’s cooling equipment that will be used for landscaping irrigation
- 12,000 – the numbers of workers on site during peak of construction
- 5,500 – the capacity in kilograms of the tower’s service lift
- 3,000 – the number of underground parking spaces
- 1,044 – the total number of residential apartments inside Burj Khalifa
- 900 – the length in the feet of the world’s tallest performing fountain, The Dubai Fountain, that lies at the foot of the tower
- 605 – the vertical height in metres to which concrete was pumped in the construction of Burj Khalifa, a world record for concrete pumping
- 504 – the distance traveled, or ‘rise’ in metres of Burj Khalifa’s main service lift, the most of any elevator
- 828 The building’s final official height, in metres
- 22,000,000 Number of man hours it took to build the tower
- 5,670,000 Total built up area of the tower, in square feet
- 330,000 Volume of concrete used to build the tower, in cubic metres
- 39,000 Amount of reinforced steel used to build the tower, in metric tonnes
- 103,000 Volume of glass used for exterior façade, in square metres
- 15,500 Volume of stainless steel used for cladding, in square metres
- 12,000 Number of people expected to live and work at Burj Khalifa
- 10 Maximum speed, in metres per second, at which lifts in the Burj travel
- 192 Number of piles that were used in the building’s foundations
Accomplished and dedicated executive, Master in Business Administration, with a proven ability to develop and implement expansion and growth strategies that support business and financial objectives. Expert in financial risks management, financial planning and data analysis. International citizen by experience and mindset, supported by an international professional curricula and background matured in the EU, USA, Middle East and Asia.
Open minded, creative, adaptive, open to challenges, serious and pleasant. Positive attitude, proven track record of professionalism and perseverance in meeting expectations and objectives.
Experienced in managing, growing and developing businesses, New-co, joint ventures in emerging markets or, in supporting consolidated companies that are engaged in change processes or delicate stages of restructuring, with the goal of bringing added value and success to the company. High knowledge and experience in mergers and acquisitions, SAP implementations, company disaster recovery, business management and motivational leadership. Firm believer that correct data is at the base of every good business decision he advocates for precise research and proper organization of record-keeping, as well as financial reporting.
Carries a broad industry knowledge in various sectors from financial, technical, industrial to commercial, matured in the Financial segment, Investments and Financing, Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency strategies, Waste To Energy, Waste Management, Environmental and Green (Eco & Green Sector projects), Waste Management Supply Chain, Information Technology (IT), Building, Energy Efficient Constructions and Finishing, Research and Development, Innovation and Engineering, Maritime Industry and business operations, international distribution and the banking sector.
Respected industry Captain that treasures everybody’s trust and brings leading initiatives, investments and wellbeing in geographical areas where history, culture, traditions and religions are profoundly different. Full of initiative, determination, drive, passion, vision and promoter of “correct processes” as the roadmap forward for the achievement of goals and milestones. Recognized as an expert in applying twofold company competitive advantage strategies by providing superior services/products at competitive prices.
View all posts by admin