The International Companies Registry of the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) allows individuals and companies to form “International” (Offshore) Companies. The registry meets all local and international standards, including those set by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (O.E.C.D.) and the Financial Action Task Force (F.A.T.F.).
Reasons and benefits
The motivations for individuals and corporations to utilize these companies are:
- Reduce tax
- a) In the international tax world the U.A.E. is known for a zero tax regime. There is no direct tax imposed on corporations or individuals except for oil exploration companies and branches of foreign banks.
- b) The U.A.E. maintains Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (D.T.A.A.) with many countries allowing companies and individuals to avoid being double-taxed when operating in multiple countries.
- Protect assets and manage risk
The use of international companies allows businesses to control potential liability risks by allowing the division of the business into different sectors, each operating under a limited liability status.
- Maintain privacy
The structure of the international company allows the owner to operate under a greater degree of anonymity than other company structures.
- Avoid bureaucracy
No obligation to be governed by U.A.E. law in dispute cases, a company can opt to have disputes arbitrated in whatever jurisdiction they choose.
- Value Proposition
The International Company Registry of the U.A.E. offers competitive pricing, providing better value than jurisdictions such as the British Virgin Islands, Jersey Islands, Liechtenstein, and others.
- Enhance asset manageability with limited bearer shares
The limited bearer share provides security in relation to issues concerning succession and Shar’ia law (legal position paper available) and also offers companies and individuals greater latitude in structuring their assets.
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% Repatriation of profits and capital
- Zero taxes and duties
- Easy transfer of shares
- Confidentiality & Protection
- Transfer of assets
- No Tax Information Exchange Agreement with any country
- Able to trade in or own an interest in real property in the UAE and Worldwide
Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (D.T.A.A.)
The U.A.E. has so far entered into Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (D.T.A.A.) with the following countries:
For more information please contact us at email@example.com